Wednesday, 9 April 2014

I know things now

Lessons learnt since becoming a mum




Becoming a mum has changed me. There is no doubt in my mind that the moment Little Miss H was put in my arms my world became a different place. I know things now.

I know that I doubt every decision I take because it doesn't just affect me or Mr H. We have a little person that is completely dependant on us and that is truly terrifying. 

I know that I could never have imagined loving my daughter this much. 

I know that I would do anything to protect her from the big bad world and I am scared to death of her feeling the pain that I have felt at times in my life. But I know that she is her own person and has her own life to live, her own mistakes to make and her own pain to feel. I can't stop that from happening anymore then I can stop the earth from turning. As her mother, all I can do is love her unconditionally. 

I know that even if I am the best mother in the world at some point Little Miss H will hate me. It will break my heart but I know that it is part of her growing up.

I know that days pass in a blink of an eye and without me even knowing how it has happened my daughter is almost one. 

I know that I am no longer a push over and I would fight to the death to protect my child. 

I know that my body will never be the same but I am so proud of everything it has achieved. 

I know that I love my husband more than ever because he is an awesome father. 

I know things now and they are the best lessons I've ever learnt. 

Hugs, 

Mrs H 

xxxx

PS Please share with me what you have learnt since becoming a parent?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is a lovely post. It's really amazing how much you learn about yourself once you become a parent, isn't it? My little girl is eight months old and she has taught me so much. I never knew I could be so patient or that I could survive with so little sleep. I've learned how to love another human in a completely new way that's actually quite staggering and I've also learned to love and trust my husband even more than I did before. (I think you might have inspired a blog post from me, so thanks for that!) :-) #ArchiveDay

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. It makes me smile and I will always reply. Hugs Mrs H xxxx